Palin's mom and dad say she is ready



Here is the CBS News story.

...

When asked by Smith about rumblings that Palin isn't ready to be vice president and a heartbeat away from the presidency, Chuck replied, "She's ready to do anything she wants to be. And she perseveres, she works so hard, she learns so fast. Yeah, she -- I -- I don't worry about that at all. That's what I'll tell 'em. Yeah. ... You want some honesty, yeah -- yeah, not a typical politician, get her. Yeah. Yeah."

Sally added, "She's got that ability to relate to people. She's diplomatic. She can get her point across."

As for assertions from Republicans that Palin's being treated unfairly by the media, Chuck said, "That's what I feel. Someone said, 'Well they have to get to know Sarah Palin,' but Sarah Palin -- there's a good side of Sarah Palin. They're digging and digging for the bad side, and there is no real bad side. They're fabricating a lot of things that I don't want to go into."

What's it like, now that Palin has become a household name?

"I hope the world gets to know the real person, because she is a remarkable girl," observed Sally.

In her acceptance speech at the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin paid tribute to Chuck and Sally, saying, "My mom and dad both worked at the elementary school in our small town. And among the many things I owe them is a simple lesson that I've learned: that this is America, and every woman can walk through every door of opportunity. And my parents are here tonight... "

Chuck admitted to Smith that, "We were very nervous, 'cause there was a lot riding on that speech. And as we sat in the audience -- I said something, and I usually don't get nervous before she talks. And Sally says, "Remember, she has never let us down yet."

...
With all the negative stuff in the media, it is nice to see CBS talking to some people who have confidence in her even if it is her mom and dad. I think there are many others out there who would say the same thing.

What she is going through right now is the typical liberal attacks on new Republicans. Barack Obama has never had to undergo this kind of attack. If he is elected, it will be too late to find how he would react to it. The media and the left have been scrambling for weeks for an attack line on Sarah Palin, and it looks like they have settled on the not up to the job line. It is not accurate, but I think she can handle it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains