The left wing stalking campaign

Erick Erickson:
Last week I wrote about the Speedway Bomber and current left-wing activist Brett Kimberlin. In 2011, after writing about Kimberlin, LA County Prosecutor Patrick Frey was rousted out of bed after midnight by the LA County SWAT Team. Someone had called 911 claiming to be Frey saying he’d just murdered his wife.
Sunday night as my family and sister’s family were around the dinner table and playing outside, sheriff’s deputies pulled into my driveway responding to an accidental shooting at my home.
One deputy was in the driveway. Another blocked the end of the driveway with his car. A neighbor tells me another was up the hill from the house.
There was no shooting at my home. Someone called 911, claimed to be at my home, and claimed to witness a shooting at my home.
As the one deputy and I spoke, the other deputy walked up the driveway, positioned himself behind the car in the driveway, and kept his eyes on me and his hand on his gun. My three year old ran between us all thinking it was so cool to have a police car in the driveway with its blue lights flashing.
Luckily, after I had starting writing about Kimberlin, I advised the Sheriff’s Department to be aware this could happen.
It was a prank, but not just any prank. This is a prank left-wing activists are increasingly deploying against those who dissent from their political views. When Barack Obama told his supporters in 2008 to bring guns to knife fights, some of his supporters took him more literally than I assume he intended.
The stories of what is happening are not getting much traction outside of right-of-center blogs and the occasional opinion column at the Wall Street JournalD.C. Examiner, andWashington Times.
The Obama campaign set up a website listing major donors to a Super PAC supporting Mitt Romney. Naturally, individuals listed by the Obama campaign saw their lives turned upside down by investigators linked to Democratic opposition research firms. They, their families, their businesses, and their employees were harassed. Seemingly random people from random states started requesting old court case files involving the donors.
...
Some of these stalkers are supported by Soros related organizations.  I suggest the victims consider a class action suit against those organizations and the people doing the stalking.   It is also likely that the stalkers have violated both federal and state criminal statues.  The victims should consider filing charges against those responsible for the attacks.  It is also possible that the stalkers are violating federal wire fraud laws by hacking into someone's phone to make a bogus 911 call.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains