Who knew? Political campaigns get unsolicited email

NY Times:

F.B.I. Warned Hope Hicks About Emails From Russian Operatives

Top counterintelligence agents met with Ms. Hicks, one of President Trump’s closest advisers, to urge caution about Russian outreach efforts.
So, how did counterintelligence agents know what was in Ms. Hicks email inbox?  Do the Russians CC them on mail to US campaigns? 

I get a lot of unsolicited emails, although I don't think I am on any Russian mail lists.  If I don't recognize the sender or the topic I tend to check the box that allows me to delete the email.  Life is too short to read everything.  It would be almost as bad as trying to read every tweet on Twitter.  I suspect that a presidential campaign probably gets a lot of mail it does not read.

For example, CNN's "scoop" that turned out to be wrong about an email sent to Donald Trump, Jr. was apparently never read by him.  Apparently, it was not read too closely by the Democrats who leaked it to CNN because they screwed up the dates and left CNN with having to deal with another "fake news" item.

I do find some irony in the "fake news" narrative because it was first used by liberals as an excuse for how Trump won, and he masterfully turned it around on them to deal with what he saw as unjust criticism.  I am sure that many in the media wish they had never used the term, to begin with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains