This story is as racists as saying basketball gyms are full of guys that are too tall and too black

Washington Post:
Is your spin class too young, too thin and too white?

Boutique workout studios are exploding in gentrifying urban areas, with more than 18 million people now claiming membership. But some have begun to question the stark differences between the studios and the neighborhood YMCA. Step into a class, and you'll likely see very few people of color or older or heavier exercisers.
I have never been to a "spin class."  I am sure I would be older than other members.  The participants are apparently young women.  I am OK with that.  I am also OK with young black men gathering to play pickup games of basketball.  In both cases, the participants are doing things that make them feel better and enjoying themselves.  I see no reason why race should be an issue in either case.

I also suspect that being thin is one of the objectives of the class.  I see no valid reason to criticize these young women.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains